Monday, February 3, 2014

Hey good lookin', what you got cookin' ??

Ah, it's another fucking Monday.

seriously, Monday's I hate you. There is nothing wonderful about leaving my cozy warm perfect non work interrupted weekend, to come back to THIS SHIT.

and let me be clear, this shit includes SNOW this morning....



image
This goes to you SNOW and also you MONDAY!


Anyway, let me move on before my blog goes COMPLETELY off topic
Al Roker, TODAY’s favorite weatherman and dutiful camera lens cleaner. 


Thanks Al, for clearing this all up ( haha, get the weather reference...womp,womp,wompppp


quick shoutout to my damn self, I weighed in on Friday, after my lazy fat bitch feeling week, and I lost 1.4 pounds, so I am officially down 12 pounds! woot woot!




Cooking Again and Best Friend Bonding ( cause we don't get enough of that)
So like I mentioned in my last blog, I needed to get over myself and head to the grocery store to change things up a bit. And I did that, and then I did it two more times, because clearly one trip the grocery store is never enough LOL.


Anyway, I know I told each and every one of you to check out my new favorite website, but I am going to AGAIN plug it here before going on my long and drawn out post about what we made.

Click me for recipe heaven!


Okay, so after a lovely benadryl induced coma, I was awoken by Devon, asking if we wanted to get together and do some cooking. ( this is mostly hilarious because Devon +cooking= Burned food.)

So I get over to her house about 3 hours later than planned, cause that Benadryl put me on my ass. We go on to www.slenderkitchen.com and search what recipes we would like to make.

We chose to make the following recipes ( with reviews to follow!)

Tex Mex Stuffed Zucchini

Devon made these on her own. ( yes, the girl who burns everything. and she kicked ass.

We decided to alter the recipe a bit and use ground turkey instead of ground beef, ( note that there were no changes drastically to the calculated Points Plus values and still for 2 halves it is 6 Point Plus*

As you can see on your left, Devon got the zucchini's halved and scooped out the insides for the mixture with the turkey, red pepper, and onion. What I thought was a brilliant idea, is that she scooped out the insides using a melon baller! 

 

 The Final Result! ------->



 Super Delicious! Can't wait for dinner tonight :)





Baked Sweet and Spicy Wings

These are the BEST THINGS I HAVE EATEN. period. end of statement. When you hear baked wings, you think, floppy skin, and just not what you are wanting, when you want wings.... well MOVE ON OVER THOUGHTS, cause these wings are the BEST THING IN THE WORLD!

Simple process for amazing results. I will simply add, you gotta find the right kind of wings, to ensure you are getting the right size wings, or else the 3-4 wings per serving will be a bit off. Our 2 pound bag, only gave us 16 wings, so we calculated appropriately.

Anyway, My biggest not about this recipe is to cook the wings *from frozen* for the 50 minutes. They literally came out as if we had popped them in the deep fryer! So crunchy and golden.

And the sauce..... excuse me while I go pick my jaw up off the ground. Not too spicy, but the perfect blend of awesomeness you will experience!






Two member-only recipes however I will give you the skinny on what they were and how they were!

We also made, healthy general tso's chicken, and blue cheese stuffed burgers!

Now these recipes are not available to the public you have to be a meal plan subscriber ( Check that out here)

Here is what I will say about both recipes: 

The burgers were delicious, . Very easy to make, however were very thick which ended up giving us more of a charcoal( burned) taste to them. However, they were really good and really easy. I would suggest adding a bit more spices to the meat if you like a flavorful burger.

 General Tso's Chicken: It does not taste like general tso's one bit. not one. but it was still really freaking good. So i'd call it my asian persuasion meal.








So that's the skinny on my meal prep this weekend! Let me know your thoughts on this wonderful website and get to cooking :)











* PointsPlus® calculated by M.Leni Johnson; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment